Even true pasta fans don’t feel like serious pasta eaters in the summer. Fortunately, there is a low-carb alternative: zucchini spaghetti. The so-called zoodles are simple and uncomplicated that are prepared in a pan and decorated with different sauces, like pasta. Here are some recipes for delicious summer meals with seasonal vegetables!
Cut the zucchini spaghetti and prepare it in the pan
First we will explain how to cut zucchini spaghetti and prepare it in the pan. You can cut spaghetti with a variety of kitchen tools. Then heat the vegetable oil of your choice in a pan and fry the zoodles for a maximum of 2 minutes. As a general rule, the longer zoodles are fried, the softer they will be.
Spaghetti zucchini Bolognese with homemade tomato sauce
Do you want to prepare Bolognese Zoodles? Then you need the following ingredients:
- 1 kg medium zucchini (about 4 pieces)
- 250 ml of canned tomatoes
- 2 cups of tomato puree
- 1 tsp white wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon pasta Bolognese of paprika powder, oregano, basil, thyme, rosemary, parsley and garlic powder, salt, black pepper.
- olive oil
- a piece of sugar
- Half an onion, sliced or diced.
- 100 g of celery, washed and cut into pieces
- 1 medium carrot, washed and chopped
- 240 grams of minced meat
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated, for garnish
- Cut and clean the pods and remove them. Put the olive oil in a deep pan and heat it. Fry the Zoodles in it for about 2 minutes. Remove the spaghetti from the pot and put it in a bowl. They poured there.
- Place the ingredients for the tomato sauce in a medium bowl. Mix the canned tomatoes with the tomato paste. Spice up.
- Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil to a pan, heat it and saute the celery, onion and carrots for about 2 minutes on medium heat.
- Put 1 tablespoon of olive oil in another pan, heat it and brown the minced meat in it for 15 minutes. Break the meatballs with a wooden spoon.
- Reduce the heat. Add the minced meat to the pan with the vegetables, add the tomato sauce and add a little sugar to the sauce. Let it simmer for about 5 – 6 minutes until the Bolognese sauce thickens a bit. Stir occasionally
- Finally, add zucchini spaghetti to the pan, remove the pan from the heat and mix gently.
- Garnish the pasta with parmesan cheese.
Prepare zucchini spaghetti with shrimp
- 4 tsp oil, unsalted
- 4 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 3 medium zucchini (for spaghetti)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- a scrub, wash and wrap
- 1 kg of king, washed, peeled and cleaned
- 2 spoons of lemon
- 2 teaspoons fresh parsley, chopped
- Put the oil in the pan, heat and melt. Add garlic and saute for a minute.
- Cut and fry zucchini spaghetti.
- Put the syrup with the garlic in the pan and season to taste. Fry until pink, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the zoodles to the broth and mix the food together. Remove the pot from the heat and garnish with lemon juice and parsley.
Recipe for cold salad with zoodles and salmon
- 3 medium cauliflowers, chopped, cleaned, chopped and discarded
- 1/2 large red onion or 1 small red onion, washed, peeled and chopped
- a bunch of cherry tomatoes, washed and cut in half
- 150 salmon, skinned and cut into large pieces, baked or grilled,
- Coriander, fresh, for garnish (optional)
- 2 tsp capers (optional)
- 1 teaspoon red chili (optional)
For the Cajun sauce:
- 1/2 cup of mayonnaise
- 1/2 tsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp paprika powder, sweet
- 1/4 cayenne pepper
- 1/8 tsp onion powder
- Cut and cook zucchini spaghetti and drain (see basic recipe above).
- Wash, peel and clean the vegetables and add to the zoodles. Season with lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- For the sauce: Put all the ingredients in a bowl and mix well with half of the mayonnaise.
- First garnish the zoodles with the poached salmon and sauce, then garnish with capers, chilies, and coriander if desired.
Low carb zucchini spaghetti with eggless carbonara sauce
NB: Carbonara sauce is prepared with raw eggs according to the original recipe. However, in the final recipe, these have been replaced with cream.
- 3 medium zucchini (for zoodles)
- 1/2 cup red onion, washed, peeled and chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 3 slices of bacon, chopped
- 200 ml cream, 30% fat content
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated for garnish
- black pepper, freshly ground
- Prepare zoodles using the basic recipe above.
- Put the egg with the yolk in a small bowl and beat.
- Heat the olive oil in a medium pan. Add the garlic, bacon and onion to the pan and cook for 2-3 minutes on low heat.
- Remove the pot from the heat and add the hot zucchini spaghetti.
- Pour in the cream and cook over medium-high heat for about 3 minutes.