The constituents of the juice, also known as secondary plant matter, are associated with suspended matter, which is filtered for clear apple juice. They make it less clear than clear apple juice and give unfiltered apple juice its distinctive and very strong smell.
suspended solids The rest are small pieces of leaves and bark that contain secondary plant matter.
These secondary plant substances can also strengthen the intestinal defense mechanisms and inhibit the release of harmful oxygen compounds. Animal experiments have shown that they can prevent the development of pre-cancerous lesions in the intestine. Anyone who regularly drinks apple juice as part of a balanced diet can contribute to gut health. However, apple juice does not alleviate the existing inflammation in the intestines.
Information: Although natural apple juice is healthier than plain, it is not completely natural. Enzymes are often added to prevent the cake from settling to the bottom of the bottle.
Make your own apple juice
Anyone who has bought enough apples, owns an apple tree or is allowed to harvest apples from orchards can make apple juice himself. The sweetness and taste of the juice depends on the type of apple used.
For one liter of apple juice you need:
- 2 kg of apples
- half a package of protection aid
- the knife
- the bottle
- Place the bottle in which you want to fill the water in the oven at 140 degrees for about ten minutes. In this way the bottle is sterilized.
- Wash the apples carefully and remove the dark spots and pits with a knife. Remove the rotten apples and remove the stems and cores.
- Add the apple slices to the pot and add water until the fruit is covered. Cook everything on medium heat for about 20 minutes.
- Season the vinegar with garlic and add to the cooked apple mixture. Shake the cloth well on the pot so that the apple juice does not disappear.
- Add sugar or lemon juice as needed and simmer for another 20 minutes. When you do that, get rid of the foam.
- Then put the preservative into a sterile bottle, which you keep tight. If you store apple juice in a cool place, it will keep for up to a year.
Donation: You can also make apple juice with drinking water such as steam or cold water.
Apple juice: calories and composition
You can find the nutrients in apple juice from the table. The value includes apple juice without added sugar and ascorbic acid. Coca Cola nutritional values are given for comparison.
|Nutrients in 100 milliliters||apple juice||Coke|
|carbohydrates||11.3 g||10.83 g|
|yes||9.62 g||10.83 g|
|proteins||0.1 g||0 g|
|fats||0.13 g||0 g|
|hair||0.2 g||0 g|
|calcium||8 mg||0 mg|
As apple juice is a natural product and varieties vary, prices may vary. Especially the calcium content can vary.
Donation: If you cover the apple juice with a lot of water and enjoy it as a spritzer, it still has the characteristic apple flavor but consumes less sugar.
Is apple juice suitable for a vegan diet?
Natural apple juice is not clarified with gelatin and is therefore suitable for a vegan diet.
Cocktails with apple juice
If an apple spritzer is too boring for you, you can flavor the fruit juice with a little alcohol and enjoy it as a cocktail.
- 2 cl of vodka
- some apple juice
- crushed ice
Half fill a whiskey glass with ice and top with vodka. Stir well and add apple juice.
If you want to enjoy apple juice without alcohol, you can mix a spicy apple and cucumber drink or a fruity apple and kiwi cocktail.