Do you love French breakfast and want to enjoy French specialties at home? With these three recipes you can make a perfect breakfast for carnivores.
French Breakfast: Recipe for Milk Rolls
The role of milk should not be missing from a French breakfast. It has very little to do with the German doll: as the name suggests, it is made mostly of milk and has a sweet taste.
To the 16 pieces you need the following ingredients:
- 225 ml milk plus 3 tablespoons for brushing
- 125g softened butter
- half a cube summers
- 500 grams of flour
- 70 grams of sugar
- half a spoon of salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 3 tablespoons of powdered sugar
Nutritional values per slice: 220 kcal, 5 g protein, 9 g fat, 30 g carbohydrates
Good to know: The preparation of the milk rolls takes about 3 hours due to the long resting times of the dough. So it is best to burn them in the evening.
- Heat the milk in a pan. Measure 50 ml and dissolve the powdered yeast in it.
- Mix the salt, flour and sugar in a bowl and make a well in the center. Now pour the yeast milk into this bowl and mix it with flour from the side. Now let the cup stand for 15 minutes.
- After the resting time, add the remaining eggs, oil and milk to the dough and knead the dough. Cover and let the dough rise in a warm place for about 1.5 hours.
- Sprinkle some flour on your work surface and then knead the dough again briefly. Divide into 16 parts.
- Roll 16 pieces of dough into small, oval balls and place them side by side on two trays covered with baking paper.
- Punch the surface of each loaf twice lengthwise and let it rise again, covered, in a warm place for 45 minutes.
- Mix the egg yolk and 3 tablespoons of milk. Spread over the milk jugs. Sprinkle the granulated sugar over the berries.
- Bake the rolls in an oven preheated to 175°C for 8-10 minutes.
French pastries: madeleines
For 24 madeleines you need the following materials:
- 125 g of butter
- 125 grams of flour
- 125 grams of sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 parcel vanilla sugar
- 1 parcel baking powder
- 60 g of ground almonds
- lemon zest (organic or untreated)
You will also need a madeleine baking sheet. This is very similar to a normal muffin tin, but has the characteristic madeleine-shaped crust.
Nutritional values per slice: 110 kcal, 2 g protein, 7 g fat, 10 g carbohydrates
- Melt the butter and cool slightly.
- In a bowl, whisk the eggs, sugar, vanilla sugar and lemon zest until dissolved.
- Sift the flour, baking powder and almonds together and slowly add to the egg mixture.
- Pour the previously melted butter and stir.
- Put the dough in a greased pan and bake the madeleines for about 11 minutes at 175°C.
- Dust the finished madeleines with powdered sugar if you wish.
Crepes for your French breakfast
If you’re looking for recipes for your French breakfast, you can’t go past the classic crepes. The French pancake originated in Brittany and is now both sweet and savory in international popularity.
To the six crepes you need the following ingredients:
- 120 grams of flour
- 3 eggs
- 250 ml of milk
- 30 grams of fat
- 1 pinch of salt
- oil for frying
Making thin pancakes is very easy:
- Melt the butter and beat with the eggs until melted.
- Add the milk while the mixture continues to beat.
- Sift the flour and salt together and add to the mixture.
- Place the dough in the pan over medium heat. To make them as thin as possible, put a bowl of ice in the pan and then immediately throw them to spread.
- For about a minute, turn the crackers once, then leave until browned.
Did you already know? Classic crepes from France are not necessarily sweet. The dough itself has a neutral taste and is best seasoned with a little salt. Accordingly, you can let your imagination run wild when eating crepes – and eat them, for example, with fresh fruit, cheese or without anything.
Read more at Utopia.de:
** with ** or marking orange underlined Some of the supply chain links are affiliate links: If you buy here, you are actively supporting Utopia.de, as we then receive a small portion of the sales revenue. More information.
Do you like this post?
Thanks for your vote!