Grabbing a quick coffee before going to work and picking up a croissant or a sandwich on the way – does this scenario sound familiar to you? Unfortunately, in our busy lives and between all the things we have to do, many of us don’t make time for a healthy breakfast. Our grandmothers taught us as children that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. True, but what we eat for breakfast is also very important. Especially if we want to stay healthy or lose a few kilos, we should pay attention to a balanced diet that is rich in protein and fiber, but at the same time keeps us full for a long time and tastes good. A weight loss breakfast no longer means just eating boring eggs or oatmeal. For example, how about a delicious and nutritious Acai Bowl? Or do you prefer muffins? Whether it’s sweet, savory, vegan or low-carb – we’ve collected lots of delicious, healthy and low-calorie breakfast recipes for you! Enjoy cooking!
Avocado stuff, luscious hair, protein shakes, etc. – a light breakfast puts you in a good mood and ensures that we start the day well and full of energy. In an effort to shed extra pounds, many people skip their morning meal and wait for lunch. But it is actually wrong. In order for our muscles and brain to be fully productive again, they need glucose quickly after the overnight fasting phase. In addition, the metabolism only really kicks in when we provide our body with fiber, healthy fats and proteins shortly after waking up. Furthermore, many studies have already confirmed that non-breakfast eaters consume more calories throughout the day and have more food cravings than breakfast eaters.
Breakfast for weight loss: How many calories should we eat in the morning?
We all know that breakfast classics such as chocolate chips, cheese chips or classic pancakes are full of calories and fat and are not particularly healthy. However, even a breakfast that seems healthy at first glance, such as muesli or overnight oats, can quickly turn into a real calorie bomb. Add the juice of a freshly squeezed orange and you’ve unknowingly consumed almost half of your basal metabolic rate for the day. When it comes to an easy and healthy weight loss breakfast, there is no magic bullet or one size fits all calorie count that applies to all of us. After all, everyone is different and calorie consumption depends on different factors. But in general, it can be said that men between the ages of 25 and 50 should eat around 2000 calories and women around 1600-1800 calories. To understand how many calories your breakfast should contain, it is best to divide the daily calorie count by the number of meals and snacks you eat during the day. However, the quality of calories also plays an important role – look for a combination of protein, fiber, vitamins and healthy fats.
These breakfast foods will help you lose weight
Whether you are at home or on vacation, you should always be able to put together the best weight loss breakfast. To help you out, we’ve put together a small list of the best foods that are perfect for a healthy start to the day.
- Oatmeal – Instead of using ready-made muesli mixes, which are usually full of fat and sugar, you should use more oats. Whether roasted or simply mixed with yogurt and fresh fruit – there are many incredible ways to prepare the delicious milkshake. Due to its high content of protein, vitamins and fiber, oats provide more energy and keep us full longer.
- Low-fat quark and Greek yogurt are two excellent sources of protein. If you have breakfast with 200 grams of quark or low-fat yogurt in the morning, you provide the body with around 26 grams of protein. Add some fresh berries, a handful of raw walnuts and 1 tablespoon of honey and you have a weight loss and muscle building breakfast.
- egg – Surprise! Rich in minerals, vitamins and micronutrients, eggs are the ultimate food for a quick weight loss breakfast. With around 13 grams of protein per egg, they are real protein bombs.
- Lose weight with grapefruit and banana for breakfast – If you want some fruit for breakfast in the morning, then a banana or grapefruit will do.
- Kale seed – A local superfood and full of fiber, flax seeds are the perfect addition to your breakfast cereal for a delicious weight loss breakfast.
- raw nuts provide the perfect balance of fiber, protein and heart-healthy fats, making them ideal for a low-carb breakfast.
Nice and healthy for travel: banana protein shakes and weight loss with breakfast
What to eat for breakfast when you want to lose weight, but in a hurry in the morning? Well, a smoothie is more of a drink, but with the right ingredients, you get a perfect meal that you can easily make the night before and then just drink in the car. With 340 calories and 29 grams of protein per serving, this banana protein shake makes it easy to beat time to lunch.
- 1 medium banana
- 150 grams of low-fat quark
- 15 grams of peanut butter or raw nuts of your choice
- 150 ml of milk or almond water
- 1 tsp honey
- A pinch of cinnamon
To the preparation you just need to put all the ingredients in a blender and puree until you get a creamy mass. Here’s how to eat the perfect weight loss breakfast in 5 minutes!
The perfect weight loss breakfast: no-bake chocolate peanut butter bars
This recipe is a clear proof of how talented the medium really is! Unbelievably chocolatey, super delicious, and delicious and crunchy, these Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars are ready in under 10 minutes and only have 300 calories per serving. Prepare these on the weekend or whenever you have time so you always have a quick and healthy weight loss breakfast on hand!
Ingredients for 16 bars:
For the oatmeal base:
- 240 grams of good oat flakes
- 170 grams of fat
- 110 grams of coconut sugar
- A pinch of salt
Chocolate peanut filling:
- 180 grams of dark chocolate
- 260 grams of creamy peanut butter without sugar
- For the chocolate filling, place the chocolate and peanut butter in a bowl and melt in the microwave for 2 30 second intervals until smooth.
- Place the oil for the oyster base in a medium saucepan and melt over medium-high heat.
- Add the coconut sugar and salt and stir until the sugar is completely dissolved.
- Add the vanilla extract and mix briefly.
- Reduce the heat and stir in the pepper. Cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Line a small tray with parchment paper and spread about half of the pepper mixture on top and spread with a spatula.
- Gradually pour the chocolate mixture over the top and spread evenly.
- Spread the remaining pepper flakes on top and press lightly.
- Cover with cling film and leave for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Cut in 16 bars and enjoy!
Breakfast pizza recipe for the ultimate low-calorie taste experience
Yes, you read that right! You can even eat pizza for breakfast to lose weight! And with only 271 calories per serving, this recipe is perfect to indulge on a lazy weekend.
Ingredients for 4 pizzas:
- 140 grams of wheat flour
- 1 Teaspoon of cooking oil
- A pinch of salt
- 240 grams of Greek yogurt with 0.1% fat
- 160 grams of grated light mozzarella
- 4 eggs
- 8 cherry tomatoes
- A handful of baby spinach
- 4 slices of lean ham
- Preheat the oven to 220 degrees and line a large tray with baking paper.
- Put the flour, baking powder and salt in a large bowl and mix well.
- Add the yogurt and mix well with a fork or spoon until a sticky dough is formed.
- Lightly flour the work surface and knead the dough well with your hands for about 5 minutes. Divide into 4 equal sized balls.
- Finely chop the cauliflower and top with spinach, mozzarella, ham and tomatoes.
- Crack the egg in half and bake the pizzas for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
Eggs with a difference: A low-calorie shakshuka recipe
Do you prefer a happy morning and don’t know what you can prepare for breakfast to lose weight? Then our Shakshuka recipe is right for you! Shakshuka is a classic North African dish made with eggs and tomatoes, and our version has only 230 calories per serving!
Ingredients for 3 servings:
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 red pepper, seeded and chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 6 eggs, size L
- A small bunch each of fresh parsley and fresh coriander, chopped
- 1 can of peeled and chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbsp paprika powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- A pinch of chili powder
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add pepper and onion and sauté vigorously for 5 minutes.
- Add garlic and spices and cook for 1 minute.
- Put the canned tomatoes in a pan with their water, add salt and pepper and bring to a boil.
- Make small holes in the sauce and add the eggs.
- Place on the grill and cook for 5-8 minutes or until the eggs are set.
- Garnish with cilantro and chopped parsley and enjoy!
Weight loss breakfast for all chocolate lovers: low-calorie vegan chocolate muffins
Chocolate chips for breakfast? It just seems too good to be true, doesn’t it? But if you need weight loss breakfast recipes that are not only healthy but also satisfy your sweet tooth, then we have the solution for you! These vegan chocolate brownies taste just as good as the bakery ones, but only have 150 calories each! Isn’t it a dream?
- 120 grams of pepper or just ground pepper in a blender
- 80-100 grams of erythritol
- 180 ml of almond milk
- 160 grams of apples, unsweetened
- 65 grams of peanut butter or other coconut oil of your choice
- 50 grams of unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 Teaspoon of cooking oil
- 100 grams of dark chocolate
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- A pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees and either line a muffin tin with parchment paper or use silicone molds.
- In a large bowl, combine the oat flour, erythritol, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt. Shake well.
- Next, add the almond milk, applesauce, peanut butter, apple cider vinegar, and vanilla extract and whisk until smooth.
- Finally, chop and grate the chocolate. Mix everything well until you get a smooth mass.
- Divide the batter between 12 muffin tins and bake for about 25-28 minutes.
- Let it cool a bit and voilà – you have already prepared a good breakfast for weight loss.