Breakfast should be the most important meal of the day. Unfortunately, there is almost no time in the morning to prepare a hearty breakfast. For many people, bread is the only choice. We present you another breakfast idea that is ready in no time and tastes great. Egg rolls are practically small omelettes that are not fried but baked. All you need is a silicone muffin pan or muffin tin. And best of all, mini-sized omelets can easily work for lunch. They are also the perfect appetizer for garden parties and family gatherings. They taste good both hot and cold.
Prepare the egg cups: the basic recipe
For nice egg keys, you need a muffin tin or a muffin mold made of silicone. If you have a baking sheet, then you need to grease it well or line it with muffin papers. You don’t even need to grease the silicone muffin pan.
Tip: To make it faster in the morning, you can prepare the ingredients in the evening by washing and chopping the vegetables.
In a medium muffin line you can put one medium or two small eggs and vegetables/hams etc. So for one muffin tin you need 6 to 12 eggs.
Prep time: 2 minutes, work time 10 minutes, baking time 20 minutes.
Materials at a glance:
- Eggs (12 small eggs or 6 medium eggs are needed for 6 egg yolks)
- 1 tablespoon sunflower oil (for greasing the baking pan if from a can)
- 2 tbsp milk (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste
- other ingredients such as: chips, red peppers, various cheeses, ham, bacon, salami.
- If you want to add broccoli, you have to boil it first, rinse it with cold water and only then you can put it in the muffin tin.
- The spinach should also be cooked first. We recommend that you use fresh spinach leaves because it tastes better than frozen spinach. You should first wash the spinach leaves well and shake them dry. Then put the water in a pot and bring it to a boil. Put the spinach leaves in water and cook covered for 10 minutes. Then you can use them to prepare omelettes.
- herbs (optional)
The egg cups are ready in four easy steps.
1. Wash (boil if necessary) and cut all the ingredients except the eggs into small pieces. You can also cut the herbs into small pieces.
2. Beat the eggs with milk, mix the eggs with pepper and salt. If you want to add olives, cheese or ham to the egg mixture, then you should not salt the eggs.
3. Purify the egg mixture as desired with the ingredients mentioned above. If you want to add variety to the menu, we also offer other options. Mix everything together and fill the pre-greased muffin tin.
4. Place the muffin tin in the oven heated to 180 degrees and bake the omelettes for 20 minutes. If necessary, you can cover the egg yolks with parchment paper.
Prepare egg cups: Different versions
With other ideas you can bring variety to the menu. Here we offer you some variations of the basic recipe of egg muffins:
1. Egg Muffins with Sweet Potatoes. Simply wash, peel and boil the potatoes. Beat the eggs. Optionally, you can spread the potatoes on the bottom of the muffin cups and then pour the egg mixture over them. Make an omelette with chives and black pepper.
2. Beat eggs with milk, season with spices. Line the muffin cases with the honey ham slices. Spread the egg mixture on top.
3. Spread the diced tomatoes in the bottom of each ramen, crumble the mozzarella and add to the beaten eggs. Mix the egg mixture with the finely chopped basil leaves.
4. Did you know that you can also make fried eggs with asparagus and bacon in a casserole? For this recipe you will need 1 large egg per cup, so a total of 6 large eggs per muffin tin. You still need chives, green asparagus and coconut oil.
First you can steam or boil the green asparagus. If you are going to steam it, pack it in a steaming bag, add a little water, salt, pepper and a few drops of lemon juice. Put the green asparagus in the oven at 160 degrees for 8-10 minutes. Optionally, you can put water in a pot and bring it to a boil. Salt the asparagus and put it in water. Boil the vegetables for 10 minutes.
Then grease the muffin tins with coconut oil, cut the pork slices into quarters and spread them on the bottom of the tins. Crack the eggs into the side of the bowl and add them. Garnish with two or three small pieces of asparagus and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake in the oven at 180 degrees for 20 minutes.
5. Egg muffins with zucchini. Wash the cucumbers and cut them into thin and long pieces. Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a pan and briefly wash the watermelon. Meanwhile, you can scramble the eggs and add any vegetables and ham you want. Place a piece of zucchini in each mold that fills the rim, dip it in the egg mixture and bake the eggs.